Power of Protection
As child advocates, we at VOICE Today ask you to take a stand with us against this horrific evil. Be trained, alert and have the courage to intervene when a child is in danger. Understand that child sexual abuse is a crime. VOICE Today is breaking the silence and cycle of child sexual abuse worldwide through The VOICE Movement, Prevention, and Healing programs for abuse survivors. Child Sexual Abuse is a silent epidemic. Join the Movement and help us break the cycle!
The VOICE MOVEMENT!
VOICE Today is breaking the silence and cycle of child sexual abuse worldwide through Awareness , Prevention, and Healing. Child Sexual Abuse is a silent epidemic. 1 in 4 Girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before their 18th birthday, only 1 in 10 will ever tell and 90% of abuse is by someone they know love and trust! There are an estimated 39,000,000 survivors in the US that need a VOICE!
VOICE promotes the following social changes:
- Providing a VOICE to the issue of Child Sexual Abuse.
- Removing the stigma of child sexual abuse from the victim
- Creating an informed and alert society to proactively protect children instead of waiting for a child to disclose after the physical and emotional damage is done.
Get to know the FACTS!
Numbers of Children Sexually Abused before 18th Birthday:
1 in 4 Girls
1 in 6 Boys
Only 1 in 10 tell
- 70-80% of sexual abuse survivors report excessive drug and alcohol use.
- 50% of male survivors have suicidal thoughts &more than 20% attempt suicide.
- Young girls who are sexually abused are more likely to develop eating disorders as adolescents.
- Over 60% of teen first pregnancies are preceded by experiences of sexual abuse
- The average age of the offenders is 27
- Approximately 40% of sex offenders report having been sexually abused as children.
- Both men & women who have been sexually abused are more likely to engage in prostitution
- Approximately 70% of sexual offenders of children have between 1 and 9 victims
- 20-25% have 10 to 40 victims
- Serial child molesters may have as many as 400 victims in their lifetimes
You can make a difference! Become Educated!